Want to be your own boss? Work from home? We can help!
First thing make a decision what you want to do. Start by looking at your interest.
- Like to make crafts? Perhaps sell your crafts on Etsy, Storenvy, eBay, Bonanza or other marketplaces. You can make one item and make your crafts by demand. Make what is sold. Have a lot of made up products on hand? You can sign up and sell at craft shows. Check with your county, a resell permit may be needed.
- Outgoing enjoy people? Try direct sales. Find something you like and sell it! If you use your products, enjoy your product, you be a good spokes model for your goods. Be an example! We will have alot of direct sales listings on this website.
- Perhaps you want to offer a service? Good at art and creating? Imaginative? Maybe go in career of graphic design or web design. There are online classes to help you create your business. Local colleges can help you with your career goals.
- Maybe you are health nut? Become a wellness coach. Have a diet or eating plan that works for you? Maybe a healthy weight loss product…if it works for you, share with others.
- Perhaps you are a fashionista enjoy clothes. You can take your extra clothes, clothes you find at a yard sale and sell on Poshmark and eBay. Storenvy is a good place to sell too!
- Enjoy make up? There are Avon, Mary Kay and other make up companies.
- Maybe you do not want to sell. You rather perform a service. Take customer service calls for Uhaul, Amazon, and many other places. Rat Race Emporium offers many work at home possibilities. There is Indeed, Flexijobs, and others. You may want to build your resume. A marketing plan can be good source in case you want a business loan.
- you can be a freelancer on UpWork. Not a lot of income here, but often good place to get extra income.
There a lot of jobs you can do at home. You can sell a product or provide a service. You can find books that will you develop your business.
After you decide what you want to do, decide what you need at home to get started. Perhaps you need a home office. A room dedicated for your work can be tax deductible. A computer is often needed or at least a tablet to share with others.
Once your business is started, share with family and friends. You can blog about your biz. Make use of advertising on social media. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and other social media good for sharing what you offer. Make use of groups and pages for free advertising.
Working at home can be fun, but it is a lot of work. Enjoy what you do…then you can enjoy the morning you rise.
Author- Judy Nowakowski. I have worked from home for 22 years. I sell Country Scent Candles, Country Naturals, Garden goods. I sell reading glasses and toys at the flea markets. I sell American Made Yurts in northern California.